Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Cheer

"A garden is never so good as it will be next year."
~ Thomas Cooper, American scientist and patriot, 1759-1839

This year’s winter bouquet is far more simple than last year's. Two weeks ago we had fierce winds so there were lots of downed limbs for me to choose from. I gathered Douglas Fir and Cedar for the backdrop. In the center I put stems of Skimmia japonica which I cut from the garden. It is in bud and the bud’s stems are reddish, giving the color. A collar of gathered silvery lichen finishes off the base. I had some red orbs to add to it but in the end I liked it much better without them. There’s beauty in the simplicity this time I think.

As the year draws to a close, I think of all of you who visited me this year. Thank you very much for supporting my blog. I hope it has inspired you in some way and I look forward to spending more time with you next year. Until then…Merry Christmas to you all.

May His love and presence fill you to overflowing and bring you a most joyous Christmas and a wonderful new year!

In Bloom In My Garden Today: sadly none to report

Author’s photo





 

3 comments:

Shari B. said...

Hi Joan! Merry Christmas! I think your winter bouquet is still beautiful..! Sorry to hear about the windstorm!

Thank you for your ALWAYS informative, fun blog! I love reading it! We appreciate your knowledge and thoughtful point of view!

Cindy said...

Hi Joan!
Merry Merry Christmas to you.

I LOVE your blog and am so so glad to have met you thru Shari!

I am looking forward to a new year!

much love
Cindy

Joan said...

Hi Shari and Cindy!
Thanks so much for the Christmas wishes and especially for ALL your support. I love all the comments and conversations we have. You both make it fun to be a blogger!
Cheers!