Thursday, February 14, 2013

Worth The Effort


"An addiction to gardening is not all bad when you consider all the other choices in life."
 ~Cora Lea Bell

It’s a gray, cool day today with a mist ever so slight that it moistens the face but is gone before it hits the ground. The birds are loving it as they are in full force today singing and foraging in the garden. It’s warm enough for the bees to fly too. That’s great news to a Pacific Northwestern beekeeper in February.

I came across this whilst I was out and about today.
 

 
Don’t you just love it when you see people taking responsibility for their actions and care for those around them who share the world with them?

I do.

Here are the links
www.beyondpesticides.org
http://www.nwf.org/CertifiedWildlifeHabitat/

In Bloom in My Garden Today: Cyclamen coum, Galanthus elwesii (snowdrops), Heath (Erica carnea ‘springwood white’), Hellebore, Rhododendron, Sarcococca confusa,
 
Authors photo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sign. More areas should be this way.

Joan said...

Hello you!
Yes, I heartly agree.
Thank you so much for reading and commenting. See you next post!

Shari B. (FitFeat) said...

I love that! One of our chef instructors was a big fan of foraging for wild greens, but anymore I'd be nervous I'd end up with something that had been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Knowing a public area is pesticide free would make that something fun to do again!

I've never seen a sign like that around here but now I will keep my eyes open - maybe I just wasn't looking for it. Great post!

Joan said...

Hi Shari!
Thanks for checking in. This was actually in a private front yard though the photo doesn't make that obvious. I'd love to see it in a public place too! Something to look for, indeed. Perhaps the more that are seen in private yards, the more that will be interested in participating.
Cross your fingers!!