Monday, April 5, 2010

On A More Personal Note

To my favorite honeydew, do you carrot all for me?
My heart beets for you, with your turnip nose, and radish face.
You are a peach. If we cantaloupe, lettuce marry.
Weed make a swell pear.
~Author Unknown


This is a non-gardening question for you my friends.

What does it mean, when on your anniversary you and your beloved hand each other an identical card!??

I’m a little worried. Will we be finishing each other’s sentences soon? Buying matching jackets? We are already ordering the same meals at restaurants (sometimes)…Oh nooooo!

In bloom in my garden today: Oxalis oregana ‘Wintergreen’, Anemone nemerosa ‘Robinsoniana’, Dodecatheon (Shooting Star), Alpine strawberry, Muscari (Grape Hyacinths), Hepatica, Fritillaria, Primrose, Hellebore, Skimmia, Mahonia repens (Oregon Grape), Heather, Rhododendrons, Clematis, Hyacinth Orientaliis, Daphne caucasica 'Eternal Fragrance' and ‘Summer Ice’, Wood Hyacinth (Hyacinthoides hispanica)


Author’s photo

6 comments:

Cindy said...

That is soooooooooooo cute.

ummm,we mind read already. and my husband always gets frustrated that I suggest things or say things JUSt as he is about to open his mouth.

it freaks him out! I love letting him think I always know what he's thinking! and I steal his clothes so no need to buy two!

haha

happy anniversary! I'm here to find your email and say HI!
xo

Joan said...

Thanks Cindy! Too funny that you get the jump on something he's about to say...that is starting to happen to us too more and more and it freaks us both out!

Cheers!

Pat said...

Don't worry about it until you start to look like one another! And if you do, don't buy a dog! Dogs and their owners often start to look alike -- three of you might be too much!

Ad after 49 years of marriage, we can still surprise one another sometimes.

Joan said...

Ha Ha Ha! Oh Rosella you make me laugh. You may be right about the dogs...I've seen that...but it may be hard I do love dogs...that'll take some serious contemplation! Three of us WOULD be too much!

And congratulations on 49 years! That's definitely something to be proud of and to celebrate...we're half way there at 22!

Shari B. (FitFeat) said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVE that you each picked the same card for each other - that's so sweet!

Congratulations and here's to the next 22 :)

Joan said...

Thank you Shari,
I think the card thing suprised us both!